Google Translate: Editing your translations
Hi everyone. We've launched some minor, but nice improvements to editing your translations on Google Translate, and I wanted to let you know about the new stuff, as well as point out some of the old stuff you might not be aware of.
First, do a translation on http://translate.google.com/
Translating a longer sentence is best to see how all this functionality works.
(1) When you hover over the translation (on the right-hand side), we highlight the corresponding phrase in the original text.
(2) Click on the translated phrases and select alternative translations provided by Google, or in the input box in the bottom of the menu, type your own alternative.
(3) If the translated phrases are good, just in the wrong order, you can hold down Shift, click, and drag the phrases to change the order.
(4) Your edits will now be highlighted in blue. •New•
(5) And you can now quickly undo your edits to get back to the original Google translation. •New•
We talked about some of these features when they first launched here:
Edits you make using these features are very helpful for us, as they allow us to identify bugs in our system and collect more information about both our good, and our not so good, translations.
Let us know what you think! Hope you enjoy these features and they make editing translations even easier!
Here's a link to the translation I included a screenshot of below: